This Package is recommended for seniors who have lost their driving license due to an at fault collision. The course is also geared towards updating your driving skills in order to gain good driving habits and to be a safe and defensive driver.
A professional driving assessment is vital in helping one remain a safe driver for as long as possible. Your driving performance should be assessed regularly. Not only can an assessment help you recognize and correct possible shortcomings, it also can yield a specialized drivers’ training plan to help you continue driving safely. A professional driving assessment is akin to an annual wellness check up with your doctor- they are both smart ways to identify and manage any physical and/or mental changes.
Professional driving assessments generally fall into two categories: driving skills evaluations and clinical driving assessments. A driving skill evaluation includes an in-car assessment of your driving abilities and a recommendation regarding any further specialized drivers’ training. Conversely, clinical driving assessments are used to identify underlying medical causes of any driving performance deficits, as well as offer potential means to maintain safe driving.
You should book a comprehensive driving skills assessment if:
- You are concerned that your driving skills may have diminished over time
- You have concerns regarding the results of informal self-assessments, such as Drivers 55 Plus.
- You have been diagnosed with a medical condition which is known to impact driving ability (e.g., impaired vision, dementia, diabetes, seizures, sleep disorders, stroke, etc)
- You have experienced a recent increase in near misses or minor crashes (e.g., fender benders)
- Friends and/or family have suggested that you may not be fit to drive.
Our Specialized Senior Driving Instructors and in-car driving skills evaluations can provide a quick and inexpensive checkup. Results obtained from the evaluation can:
- Show that your driving skills are adequate and current, with no need for specialized drivers’ training
- Reveal deficits that could be addressed with specialized drivers’ training
- Lead to a recommendation for a clinical driving assessment by an occupational therapist driving rehabilitation specialist
To book a driving evaluation please provide the following information: Name, telephone number, email, as well as a reason for the assessment.
Details of a typical lesson:
- 45 minute in-car lesson
- Evaluation of current skills
- Review of traffic rules and regulations
- Refresher of parking, lane changes, and blind spots
- Proposed plan to meet MTO’s insurance requirements
- Prepare for road test, or clinical theory and practical evaluation
* Please note* We will contact you in order to schedule this appointment as soon as we receive notification of your order.
- Passing the road test canada (video)